Date: September 2013 – July 2014
Merit were awarded Principal Contractor for the refurbishment of Unit 8 and FLT Route Upgrade for Ipsen Biopharm, Wrexham.
Merit scope of works is for the design and construction of a dedicated GMP Warehouse facility within an existing building, and to replace current inadequate site facilities on the site.
- Strip-out of existing redundant gas, fire alarms, intruder alarms, network and electrical services.
- Redundant electrical supplies to be rationalised and new electrical sub-mains and distribution provided within the warehouse.
- Demolition and internal re-building of current office and meeting room to form a QC Sampling area with Class 2 cabinet, Nitrogen supply from external bottle station and lab benching.
- Internal modifications and installation of partitioning, ceilings and finishes to create new loading bay, Collections, Warehouse Office, Bulk Storage Area and Tea room.
- Provision of new industrial access doors and powered rapid roller doors.
- Installation of new heating & ventilation.
- Installation of external located AHU'S and associated ductwork distribution system.
- Installation of fire sprinkler system and external link to site fire main.
- Installation of electrical power and lighting.
- Extension and installation of data-communication/ network.
- Installation of, fire detection, alarms, CCTV & access control.
- Storage facilities to include pallet racking, dedicated temperature controlled facilities and flammable storage.
- Floor finishes, suspended ceilings, linings and internal decoration.
- Provision of a new external delivery area canopy/ extension.